- Sponsor a Child for Christmas: Sponsors are given a child’s wish list. The wish list includes the child’s first name, sizes, favorite color and their wishes for Christmas. The sponsor provides a minimum of 5 gifts from the child’s wish list. Please remember that our kids are teenagers and wish for average teen gifts – so there may be a few expensive wishes on their list (i.e., shoes, a purse, jersey, etc.) Sponsorship reservations are being accepted now. List distribution begins after Thanksgiving and continues as children enter our facility through the holiday.
- Sponsor All the Children: This will allow you to touch the lives of all of the children living at the Shelter during the Christmas holidays. This involves providing each child residing at the Shelter with the same gift. For example, one year a group donated remote control helicopters for each child and another year a group donated alarm clocks for all the kids. Please discuss the item you would like to donate with our Outreach Coordinator, prior to purchase to ensure another group is donating a similar/same item. We will be able to provide suggestions if needed.
- Special Needs Wish List: Each year the kids and staff create a wish list for their program area. These items are to be used in our common areas or for a specific program/purpose. Click here to view our Special Needs Wish List. Examples of items on the Special Needs List have been a Wii game, new ping pong table, new sheets, towels, etc. We would love to have white lights on the trees and buildings. We are looking for a sponsor(s) to help cover the costs of the decorations.
- General Wish List: Our general wish list is a list of our on-going needs. We depend on donations of general needs during the holidays to keep the cost of purchasing these items to a minimum. Examples of general wish list items are deodorant, laundry detergent and toilet paper. Serving over 150 children a year, we need a lot of these general items. Your donation of our general needs allows us to use our funds for programming needs. Click here to view our general wish list. You can choose any items from off of this list. General donation items are accepted Monday – Friday from 8am-6pm
- Angel Tree Wish List: We will provide you with a list of suggested Angel Tree wish list items.
- Be a Last Minute Shopper: Providing gifts at the last minute for those children that enter the Shelter a few days before or even the day of Christmas.
- Gift Wrapping: This includes all ages. You and your family, coworkers, teammates or friends can sign up to help gift wrap. Gift wrapping will be held Dec. 13th-21st. Maximum of 10 people at a time. Time slots go fast, so make your reservation now.
IMPORTANT: We serve both boys and girls ages 12-18; please make sure that the gifts are age appropriate.
To participate or for more information about our Holiday Program, contact our
Outreach Coordinator, Fana Walcott @ 678-546-8770 or email@example.com